[Gpdd] RESCUE: four piggies need homes in the SF Bay Area

Karen Century kscentury at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 14:36:25 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I'm posting this message again because it originally went out during
the holidays and may have been missed by people.  My four little
piggies need a new home very soon.  Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes to all for the new year,
Karen

> Hi all,
>
> I've been a pig slave for many years now and I currently have four
> piggies.  Unfortunately, it looks like I need to find new homes for
> all
> of them.  I am expecting twins in February and my husband and I are
> coming to the realization that we simply do not have the space for
> the
> twins and all of their furniture, gear, etc., as well as the piggies.
>
> I'm hoping to find a loving home or homes for the pigs soon.  We live
> near Berkeley.
>
> Here is some background information.
>
> All four pigs are rescue pigs.  Puca and Tribble are cagemates.  We
> adopted them about 1.5 years ago; they had been owner surrendered to
> shelter and we were told that they were about 1 year old at the time
> (so they're about two and a half now).  They were both "fraidy-pigs"
> when we got them, and it took quite some time for them to take food
> from our hands, but they've come around a lot.  Puca is still a very
> timid pig, but she's pretty and sweet.  She is a dark, short-haired
> pig, with very soft fur.  Tribble is a bossy, abyssinian pig.  She
> had
> very bad ovarian cysts, but she was spayed a few months ago and made
> speedy recovery.  Tribble has a lot of personality and squeaks LOUDLY
> for food.  She is definitely an "alpha" pig.
>
> Hershey and Cocoa are my other pair.  Hershey is well over five years
> old now and was born with only one eye, but she gets around fine.
> She
> has the great mellow personality of an older pig: very sweet and
> quite
> used to people.  She LOVES her veggies, hay, pellets (food in
> general).
>  The vet thinks that she also has ovarian cysts, but we decided not
> operate given her age and the fact that she doesn't seem bothered by
> the cysts (no fur loss or anything).  We adopted Cocoa when Hershey's
> cagemate died last year.  Cocoa is an American crested pig, with
> pretty
> brown and white markings.  She is just about the sweetest pig I've
> ever
> known.  She is very interactive with people and is a great lap pig.
> She is just over one year old.
>
> I am so sorry to have to give my pigs up, but the reality is that we
> will not have space for them or be able to care for them once our
> babies arrive.  If you think you could provide a safe and happy home
> any of my pigs (I would like to adopt them out in pairs, if
> possible),
> please contact me at kscentury at yahoo.com.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Karen

Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to.
  -Mark Twain

Just $16.99/mo. or less.
dsl.yahoo.com