[Gpdd] [announcement] JB & Alex are getting along; condolences to grieving slaves & pigs

Cheryl Cline cherylcline at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 13:31:42 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

I am grateful for the sympathy I received about my poor hamsters.
However, there were so many sad bridge stories that I found myself in
tears...made some of the posts very hard to read.  :(  My condolences
to all grieving slaves and pigs.  I was particularly surprised and sad
to hear of Blondie's passing.  Birdie, I hope you will take comfort in
your surviving pigs.
I am happy to report that J.B. Pigglesworth and Alex P. Hamilton seem
to be getting along nicely.  There was quite a bit of rumbling and
chasing on Alex's part during the first couple of introductions, but I
think he is all bark and no bite.  Now that they are in the same cage,
J.B. repeatedly nabs food from poor old Alex.  They are not yet
cuddling exactly, although I found them both squeezed into the same
pigloo one day...but I noticed that they were napping side-by-side
yesterday.  I'm so glad that they can have companionship when I am not
around, now that I am trying to get back to full-time work.
It's so hard to keep myself from adopting more piggies.  Cavyhaven.org
lists a cute abby mix and a black Silkie (just like my Alex!) up for
adoption at a shelter, and I keep thinking about them...
best,
Cheryl, slave to Alex & JB