[Gpdd] Health: Male Care

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 04:42:06 EST 2006

Hi,
     My thanks to both Rebecca and Jaime for the wonderfully detailed
information on male anal impaction. I now   feel far better equiped to deal with such
a problem. I also want to say thanks for including the "boars" website. The
photos are the best and most detailed (on male care) that I've found anywhere
although I would have been pleased had there been a couple of clear shots of
tending to the anal pouch.
     Now I have another question regarding the scent gland. Is this the same
as the wax gland? Our poor Mr. Cooders whose private matters have been
discussed so freely here has a waxy build up in his fur in the back.
     Some time back (a couple of years ago!) members of the digest made
suggestions on how to clean that area of his fur. Can you remind me of the things
that work best. It seems that at one point I made it worse than it was with
some ineffective (self-thought -up) clean- up attempt.

Always grateful for the help I find here,
Alge (and the Jolly Rodents who greatly benefit)