[Gpdd] [MISC] Brave Bess saves the day!

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Tue Jan 10 11:44:08 EST 2006

I know a little while ago on the digest there were report of piggies who
had been exceptionally clever in warning their slaves of illness or other
problems.  Yesterday I had a similar experience myself.

I had come home from work early as I wasn't feeling well, and went to bed
about 5pm.  Twenty minutes later I was woken by "Vee Vee VEEEE!" by my
little Bess.  A couple of seconds later she called again, by which time I
could smell burning, and as I was getting up she called again...this was
more urgent than the usual breakfast whistle.  When I came downstairs I
could see that my Mum (who is over 80) thought she had switched the oven
ring off, whereas in fact it was on 6 (the maximum) and a pair of scissors
and a vegetable peeler had melted away, giving off smoke!  I was able to
switch off the oven ring, remove the offending items (what was left of
them!) and open the doors and windows to let the smoke clear.

Dear little Bess could tell something was wrong, and was brave enough to
call to draw my attention to the problem!  Well done, Bess!  Piggies
Adrian and Pearl also grateful for Bess's quick thinking and swift action.

Piggies are brilliant!

best wishes

Kay