[Gpdd] Off subject, regarding deadly dog food.

Cavy Care Inc cavycareinc at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 18:04:15 EST 2006

This was sent to our organization this AM, I know that it is off subject but thought it important to forward. If this was not the appropriate forum then I apologize.
  Shannon Cauthen, Cavy Care Inc.

  Dear members,

We wanted to update you on the recent pet food contamination issue that
is believed to have caused the deaths of at least 76 dogs so far, as
reported by the US Food and Drug Administration.

Diamond Pet Food has removed its dog and cat food from sale after a
dangerous toxin was found in a product manufactured at the company's
facility in Gaston, South Carolina.  States serviced by the Gaston facility
include Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky
(eastern), Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New
Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island,
South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virgina, Vermont and Virginia.

To get more information about the cause of illness and symptoms to
watch for, please see the FDA statement at
http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/NEWS/2005/NEW01290.html

Please feel free to pass this message on to anyone who would benefit
from it.

Thank you,
Petfinder.com