[Gpdd] Health: cysts

Sharon Kendall sharonk908 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 11 12:39:43 EST 2006

Hi Laura and Zephyr -  My first male developed a cyst on his lower left jaw, which may be quite different than one on the leg.  It appeared out of nowhere, of course on a Sat. night, leaving Animal 911 as our only option.  It was huge, larger than a marble.  At the emergency room they lanced it and sent us home with meds and instructions to flush it out regularly (I can't remember the schedule any longer.  It's been some time) and told to follow up with our regular vet on Mon. a.m.  (Call if necessary over the weekend).  That was, very sadly, the beginning of the end for my brave boy.  After that, the other problems developed and/or showed themselves very quickly.  Finally he was scheduled for surgery on the inciting incident (jaw cyst), but after a very tear-ridden heart-to-heart with our vet, we made the hardest decision ever:  to let our dear boy pass over the bridge without any more pain or fear.  It's been quite awhile since all of that occurred, but it still brings tears to my
 eyes.  He was so wonderful.  I know at times my two new girls (Buttercup and Blossom) are quite envious of the love that their Mama has for the brother they never knew.  Piglet was about 5-1/2 years old when his health failed.  I hope I'm not causing unnecessary alarm.  As I said, his cyst was in his lower jaw, NOT his leg.  Just be careful.  Maybe lancing and/or meds ore required, especially with the way it has grown.  Good luck.  I hope all turns out well.
  Sharon and my PowerPuffs, Buttercup and Blossom