[Gpdd] MISC: Brave Bess saves the day!

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 11 14:14:27 EST 2006

Greetings, Kay -

First let me say that I laughed aloud at your New Year's post
concerning your piggie(s) singing along to the Radetsky March.
(Doodle Doo Doodle Doo Doodle Doo VEE VEE - hahahahahaha!!!)
I LOVE that march and listen to the New Year's concert every
year just to hear it and hear the audience clapping along with it.
You made my day with that post.  Thanks!   :)

And now to the business at hand...

Hooray for Brave Bess!!!!!  What a smart and courageous piggie!
I am so impressed with her intuition of danger and her strong
persistence.  What an incredible girl!!  Topper will a whole, big
grape in her honor tonight.   :)

Do we have a Digest Piggie Hall of Fame for Piggie Heroes?
If we don't, then I definitely think we should establish one.
Would Tom and Huck (am I remembering the names correctly?)
be the first inductees since they received their awards at the
Memorial Day Virtual Pignic for Meritorious Conduct in the Face of
Danger (another smoke/fire alert)?  And I know that there have
been several other digest hero piggies that have alerted their slaves
to illness, etc.  And now Miss Bess has come through in shining glory!

If y'all will send your piggie's names and a brief description of their
heroic act back in to the digest - or directly to me - I will establish
the list.  What say you, digesters?

[[And, yes, I am STILL building the song-book, so PLEASE keep
sending in the songs.  I want to wait to send it out until we have a
good number of piggie songs.]]

Good going, Little Miss Bess!  We are all proud of you!

Kisses and healing thoughts to all piggies who are ill (and to their
slaves) and also to all piggies and slaves who have loved ones
waiting at the Bridge.

Candy, Topper, and X
with Mollie always in our hearts & waiting for us at the Bridge

I had come home from work early as I wasn't feeling well, and went to
bed
about 5pm.  Twenty minutes later I was woken by "Vee Vee VEEEE!" by my
little Bess.  A couple of seconds later she called again, by which time
could smell burning, and as I was getting up she called again...this was
more urgent than the usual breakfast whistle.  When I came downstairs I
could see that my Mum (who is over 80) thought she had switched the oven
ring off, whereas in fact it was on 6 (the maximum) and a pair of
scissors
and a vegetable peeler had melted away, giving off smoke!  I was able to
switch off the oven ring, remove the offending items (what was left of
them!) and open the doors and windows to let the smoke clear.