[Gpdd] MISC- Kids and Pigs?

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 12 13:29:27 EST 2006

    Hi, Slaves and Cuddly Cavys!
    I had an interesting question today. When I wrote my "All Floor Day" post, a lovely fellow GPDD memeber wrote me and asked me about my daughter and our guineas. How old she is, how she acts with them around and whether or not she should get more piggies or should she wait til her 2 year old son was older.
    I suggested getting the piggies (what's life without piggies?), but that she had to set some very strict restrictions with her son and the guineas based on that the guinea's were willing to put up with (some guineas aren't willing to deal with clumsy hands) and whether her child was calm enough to handle them merely supervised or if he would be better to pet them while she held the guineas.
    Then I got to thinking, "I wonder how everyone else would answer this question?" I know a lot of you have babies and grand-babies, so there font of knowledge is certainly there.
    So, what do you think, Guinea Slaves? How do you think it should work? And can you suggest any fun games or techniques that would teach a child how to better handle their furry friends?
    I am really anxious to hear from you all. Thank you so much!
                Love, Amber, Loving Slave of...
                         Pooky the Champion Chaser
                   and Blacky the Unconquerable Cuddler