[Gpdd] Care- Frozen berries: Chilly treat or Big no-no?

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 12 13:38:50 EST 2006

    One more post from me today, guinea girls and guys! I know, you're probably tired of me by now. Sorry!
    He question was that I would really like to give my girls a little bit more variety in their foods. Believe me, they get plenty to eat, but I am concerned that they don't get enough to keep it interesting.
    So, when we were at the grocery store the other day, my husband found a bag of frozen strawberries. They weren't in juice or syrup, just the frozen berries. One of those "No Sugar Added" deals, know what I mean?  I was unsure of it, so w didn't get them.
    But, it got me wondering. If  were to thaw them out and rinse them good, would it be okay for my little girls? How about frozen corn and stuff?
    Just to clarify, I don't mean instead of the fresh stuff. See, I find that I can only get to the grocery once every two weeks (I work days, my hubby works nights and stays up with the Aurora during the day because she's not quite old enough for preschool), so my time is limited. So, the freshies tend to go bad before I get the chance to go shopping again.
    So, I was wondering more for the sake of ease, know what I mean?
    If anyone has any ideas or thoughts, please let me know.
    Thank you so very very much. You guys are all incredibly helpful and kind. I really appreciate it!
                        Love, Amber, Pooky and Blacky