[Gpdd] HEALTH: Cysts / lump on piggie's leg

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 13 13:32:18 EST 2006

I deeply apologize because I cannot remember who first wrote
in a couple of days ago inquiring about the lump on their piggie's
leg.  Eve's post in today's digest reminded me that I had not
posted on this and I wanted to add my two cents.

About a year ago, Mollie developed a pea-sized knot on her side
that 'sat' right on top of her rib cage.  My vet suspected a
sebaceous cyst and - with the other health problems that Mollie
was beginning to exhibit - decided to do an aspiration biopsy to
be sure.  It was, indeed, a sebaceous cyst and we decided to
just leave it alone and watch it for a while.  It gradually got just
a little larger (maybe the size of a filbert/hazelnut) and then
stopped growing.  It never broke or drained and never got any
larger than that, and it didn't seem to be painful or bother Mollie
in any way.  I hope this will be the case with your piggie as well.

P.S. We know from the autopsy that Mollie's other health problems
were in no way connected to or related to the cyst, so please don't
let my earlier comment in that regard worry you.

Healing thoughts to those who need them and love to all,

Candy, Topper, and X
with sweet Mollie forever remembered and loved