[Gpdd] [CARE] Hay issue

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Fri Jan 13 14:01:37 EST 2006

Piggies must have hay all the time to help them keep their teeth worn
down, as well as providing roughage for digestion.  One vet I spoke to
said that Timothy hay is harsher and might be more like the vegetation
that cavies would get naturally, whereas hay from grass in the garden
might be too soft for them.  It's a difficult question, because what's
available naturally might not always be for the best as far as our
piggies are concerned...there might be times of the year when vegetation
is hard to find naturally, or certain other foods are in short supply, but
at least we are able to get most things most of the year for our little
ones.

best wishes

Kay