[Gpdd] Behavior: Interesting

Marsha Neely matilda at ptsi.net
Fri Jan 13 15:40:18 EST 2006

StinkerBelle, Trixie, and Ozzy share a large cage.  StinkerBelle is their
mother, and Trixie and Ozzy are 2 years old.  Last weekend, I observed
StinkerBelle being very rough and picking on Trixie.  On Monday, I called my
vet to make an appointment for a wellness check, which I do 2-3 times a year
with each piggie.  That night, I did some research, as I do before each trip
to the vet.  On Tuesday, I took her to the vet, and he confirmed what I had
read on Peter Gurney's website.  Did any of you know that guinea pigs get
PMS?  There was nothing wrong with her, she was just cranky.  She got a
clean bill of health.  I put her in her own cage, and, since then, she has
been very laid back and seems to be very content.  Who knew?  She still
plays with her babies during floor time, but she now has her own home.

Best to all,
Marsha
The Bejabbers (StinkerBelle, Ozzy, Trixie, Elvis)
Bart, the big dog
In memory of Muttley, PitterPatty, and Baby
www.bejabbers5.blinkz.com