[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR]mismash - fighting boars, bedding, and hay

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Sat Jan 14 10:12:47 EST 2006

Hi Friends:
Just a couple of questions/comments.  I have a friend that is having
problems with her 2 (new) boars that are fighting.  Using separation is the  last
resort, do any of you have tips that may help with this?  Luckily  (knock on
wood), I have not had this experience.  Any tips would be greatly  appreciated.
Also, please tell me in your posts what you are all using for  bedding.  I had
Tom and Huck on Woody Pet (which is nice), but Huck came  down with a weird
toenail problem several months back, and I switched them to  kiln dried pine
because the Woody Pet is so hard.  Care Fresh is too  expensive, although Becky
and Aunt Polly are on Critter Care (Walmarts answer to  Care Fresh).  Critter
Care is great, but I can only find small bags of it -  apparently it is a
Canadian product, and I am having a hard time finding out if  large bags are
available in the states.  The kiln dried pine that I got at  PetSmart a couple of
weeks ago was so pulverized that I thought the dust would  be really bad for
them.  I would love to find big bags of something safe  and not really expensive
that I could use for all 6.  I live in a  fairly large city, but it is funny
because sometimes piggy supplies are still  hard to find!  Also -thanks to all
for the recent posting comments and tips  on hay.  I have been using a site
_www.critterstore.com_ (http://www.critterstore.com)  that offers Oxbow  and a
variety of other piggy/small animal supplies at reasonable prices.   Their
shipping is competitive to other sites as well, but I might try Kleenmamas  and
Sweetmeadow Farms just to see how they compare.  Thanks for all of your  input.
This site is the best!
Donna - Tom, Huck, Becky, Thatcher, Aunt Polly, and Big  Jim