[Gpdd] Health: eating toilet paper cardboard tubes

Yuka Persico yuka at persico.net
Wed Jan 18 11:46:57 EST 2006

Hello Fellow Cavy Slaves-
This inquiry is about our lagamorphs (of which we have three).  We do have eight cavies - I thought the best place to ask would be here because everyone here is so knowledgeable and enthusiastic about optimum care of their pets.  One of our three rabbits really enjoys playing with the cardboard inserts that remain when one is finished with a roll of toilet paper. However, this rabbit does also eat the whole tube - he will eat one a day if I let him.  I don't see any problems with his toileting habits or anything - I was just wondering if any of you have any thought on the matter-
Thanks in advance.....
Yuka