[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Stuffy nose

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 18:38:56 EST 2006

Melissa

Is there any discharge from Otis's nose?  Is it clear or cloudy or
coloured?  If it is clear, but a bit runny, have you changed his
type of bedding at all?  That might be a cause.  If there is any colour
in a nasal discharge, it could possibly be food particles, but it could
also be an infection.  If his lungs sound clear, it could just be snuffles
in the nose, maybe your vet will recommend a course of Baytril.  I would
say go to the vet, just to be on the safe side.  Piggies can go downhill
so quickly if anything is wrong, it is best to get early advice.  The
other thing is that if anything is wrong, you want to get it treated
before it becomes more serious or chronic.

My own vet is wonderful; he says he would rather I visit than sit at home
worrying.

Hope Otis is back on tip-top form soon,

Kay