[Gpdd] Behaviour: Introducing Boars, Any Tips?

EVE BLACKE shiksachick at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:57:30 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

It's become clear to me that Paddington the leaper is unhappy living by
himself.  I've tried introducing him to my other 2 piggies but they are
senior and just want to lay around and nap most of the time while Paddington
wants to play and leap about.  I'm thinking he came into the SPCA with
another piggie and they were separated at some point before I adopted him.
Does anyone have any tips as to how I choose a male companion for him that
will be compatible?  His lonely peeps are terrible after I've had to
separate him from the seniors.....he doesn't care that they've nipped him
(which is why I have to end the playtime), he loves them so much but it's
clear that they only tolerate him to a degree.   He's not a dominant
pig...does this make it easier to introduce another boar?  Or should I risk
the neuter surgery and introduce him to a sow?  Any tips you have would be
most appreciated!

Eve, Paddington, Hamlet, Ophelia