[Gpdd] health: sedentary pigs

Ruth Leibowitz dr.leibq at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:16:58 EST 2006

Hi -- I think there is definitely hope for your sedentary pigs -- they are
probably just in the habit of being couch potatoes from their previously too
small cage.  I agree with the suggestion to dangle food in front of them and
get them to move towards it.  Something I do that gets my piggies in an
exploratory mode is to put tunnels made of large plastic PVC pipe on the
floor and hide little pieces of veggies inside these tunnels-- my piggies
have always liked running through  and between the tunnels but got even more
excited when they realized there could be treats inside.