[Gpdd] Behavior: thumping?

Mikey pandameisje at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 07:08:46 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

Yesterday my sister and me were at my mom's birthday. As you might know she
used to have 4 boars that all had to be separated. One (Piet, but now named
Lukas) was given to my little niece, who is very happy with him, and he gets
lots of attention. Still my mom had three (big) cages in the living room.
Janneke fell in love with the youngest boar Jan, who has really pretty
longer dark brown hair, but more about that later.

What is worrying me is Radje. My sister checked him, as we do every time we
visit our mom. Then she came to get me, because something did not seem
right. We noticed he seems to breathe pretty heavily. He was squealing
pretty loudly when i picked him up. Also his poops looks a bit light
brownish and he makes a weird movement. He makes this breathing sound and
then seems to twitch (go front and back with his head). also his poops were
not really getting out good, and when we were trying to clean it, it seemed
like something white was in there. At first I thought is was just
woodshavings, but it wasn't seemed more like a pudding-like consistency.
Anyone any thoughts on this?
I remember Suus' little sister had this to (the thumping) and she diod in
the end. So it got me worried Radje maybe got the same thing...
yesterday Jan the boar moved in with us. Since we all have healthy (not
spayed) sows, we bought this critter 'fence' for jan so he can have
floortime but not really touch our girls. Jan was very excited by it doing
his rumbling sounds and movements. Lotje was the first to say hi to jan, as
our family mother she was the first piggie to do this of course. Later Suus
said hello, and yaya also said hello but was a bit scared. Guiny, didn't
even bother getting out of her cage. Jan tried to get out of his 'cage', but
luckily he listens very well and stayed in there. We are thinking about an
other name for Jan (since it is confusing with Janneke and my mom's
boyfriend Jan), but we will let you know when we decide on a name.

Pigtures are on our website i think.

Mikey, and the winky girls Lotje, Guiny, Suus and Yaya and the boar Jan
Mpstaaks at emxn.com
pandameisje at gmail.com
pandameisje at hotmail.com
m.staaks at obeindhoven.nl