[Gpdd] Announcement: It's a Girl!

EVE BLACKE shiksachick at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 16:36:21 EST 2006

Hey cavylovers,

Fate has stepped in and I now have my first sow!  I was out shopping and
stopped in at the petstore as I always do.  I was watching the guineas and
noticed that one guinea had one eye sealed shut.  They were also 'older'
guineas and on sale.  I knew no one would want to buy her with her gummy eye
and I asked to see her underbelly to see what sex she was.  I was hoping she
was a he...to avoid the whole pregnancy thing with my boys.  She was a girl.
  I went away and thought about it and thought about it but I couldn't leave
her there....so, now I have her.  I don't even have a proper cage at the
moment.  She's in my cat carrier  (only ever used for the guineas).
Paddington the leaper, who has always been very vocal about his loneliness,
has abruptly stopped.  I've put the cat carrier facing his cage so they can
see and smell and hear each other....they just can't take it any further.
He was peeping and peeping and within 30 seconds of her presence he stopped
and lay down in what looks like contentment.   I'm hoping she isn't pregnant
but I suspect being older with all those other cavies she probably is.   I
guess time will tell!

Eve along with Paddington the leaper, Hamlet and Ophelia the seniors and my
new unnamed girlie girl