[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: Gnawing on Cage

Conklin Kacee Kacee.Conklin at HCAHealthcare.com
Mon Jan 23 09:50:31 EST 2006

Personally, I have always had at least one cage biter.  It actually kind
of cracks me up.  I mean, how long do they need to gnaw on the cage to
figure out they are not going to get through to the other side???
Jimmee shares a large C&C cage with a divider for his area since he
doesn't always get along well with other piggies.  He's always biting on
the bars to get to the other side to visit with Kiki and Kramer.  He
will also bite on the bars, as will Kazingo, when it's time to eat and
they want me to get on the stick and feed them.  Only one of my cage
biters had teeth problems and that was totally unrelated to any cage
biting he was doing.  I see it as one more way for them to communicate
their wants and desires to us.

Kacee Conklin, the Munchee 10 and the monster rabbit