[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR: antisocial pig

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 30 11:19:01 EST 2006

We have had Oreo for about a year and a half now.  We got her from the shelter in Maryland after that horrible seizure.  She took quite a long time to warm up, but she finally did.  But now all of a sudden she just wants to stay in her pigloo all the time.  She only comes out for treats.  If we put her in the cozy she seems to like it and will stay and let me pet her.  She is eating and drinking just fine, so I don't think it is a health issue. But the worst part is that she is pooping and peeing in the pigloo and laying in it.  She is one smelly pig.  We don't want to bath her too much.  Any advice on how to lure her out of the pigloo?  We do wipe her down with baby wipes instead of bathing her, but she could really use a bath.  I thought about just taking the pigloo out of her cage for a week or so but I know how much they love being in there.  I don't know what to do.  Thanks for any ideas you may have.
  Grace and Christine, NYC