[Gpdd] MISC: Guinea Yum Yums and Butt Sniff Tag

ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net ghost1972 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 30 12:30:37 EST 2006

    Hi, guys, gals and guineas!
    I have been cruising the net lately for a home-made guinea treat, and I found a good one!
    It's at http://www.aracnet.com/~seagull/Guineas/, but 'll list it here too.
    I call them Sweety Bisquits:
    1/2 banana, mashed
    1 tbl. corn syrup (it says honey, but don't use honey, guys. When I was making my daughter's baby bisquits, all the recipes I found said that honey has certain bacteria in it that is harmful to little immune systems, and since guineas are delicate, I think it's best not to try).
    1 small carrot, grated
    1/4 cup pellets ground to powder
    1/4 cup rolled oats

Dump everything into a blender or food processor and grind it to mush. Shape mush into 1/4" thick shapes and place onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let them sit there till the oven is cool.
You can add shelled sunflower seeds to this or replace the carrot with apple or pear. You know whatt your angels like.
    Well, I made them the other day and my little guineas LOVED them. Ate them up and begged for more.
    And now, onto topic 2.
    My guinea girls have discovered a new way to play tag. Pooky will go running, then stop abruptly. Blacky will chase and once she gets close, she'll sniff Pooky's butt. Pooky will shriek (ti reminds me of a kid's giggle) and she'll go running again. They're playing it right now, and it is hillarious! They're popcorning all over.
    Oh, and speaking of popcorning, my husband's rat Houdini has started to popcorn. I swear to God! I saw him doing it the other day when I gave him a piece of tuna. He was popping all over the place, I nearly died laughing!
    Oh, the joys of my house.
    I hope everyone has a good day!
                        Amber