[Gpdd] virtual wedding

Ruth Leibowitz dr.leibq at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 30 18:04:24 EST 2006

I am disappointed to report this news, but I must honor the wishes of my
esteemed pigs.  You see, my dear boar Babu Franklin has had an introverted,
retiring, and philosophical personality since I have met him. During lap
time, he does not like to be exposed to the world, but would rather curl up
inside a soft blanket.  There are moments, looking into Babu's eyes, when he
appears to be quietly contemplating all of guinea pig existence and the cavy
condition.  There is a certain gentle gravity to his way of being.   Well,
it turns out that although Babu is excited about the royal wedding, at least
in THEORY, he has no intention of setting paw on an airplane and has no wish
to coexist for any length of time with large groups of others of his or any
other species.  It is not that he does not like other piggies; it is
primarily a matter of honoring his own temperament.  As is generally the
case for true introverts, Babu is content with the company of his partner
Nani Alice, enjoys sniffing at the two resident felines from time to time,
and tolerates the affections of his human.  Nani Alice, on the other hand,
is a flaming extrovert who would love to wheek and gurgle among hundreds of
other pigies and would very much like to attend the wedding.  Although the
gentlemanly and caring Babu has encouraged Nani to attend without him, Nani
is very loyal to the piggy she adores and stands firm in her decision to
remain here in Portland with him.  However, Nani would like to know:  Will
the wedding be televised?