[Gpdd] [HEALTH] coughing

Godfreys godfreys at uslink.net
Tue Jan 31 22:58:58 EST 2006

About a week ago, a half hour or so after I had fed Moe his breakfast
salad I was making beds and my husband brought him up to me and said he
thought there was something wrong with him.  I took him and he was
making a funny wheezing sound.  He was fine when I said goodmorning to
him and fed him.  So I held him and stoked him for a few minutes and all
of a sudden he coughed  a couple times and then he was fine.  Since then
hes done this 2 or 3 more times right after eating.  I think he just
eats too fast.  I don't know why - he's an only pig and never has to
share his food with anyone but he still thinks he needs to gobble it all
down.  Now when I give him his salad I remind him to chew before he
swallows!  He's just a hungry boy! :-)
Another weird thing that had me worried for a while is that after he'd
finish his salad he'd go in his pigloo and lay there and kind of moan
for a few minutes.  Then after about 10 minutes or so he come out and be
popcorning all over and be just fine.  I guess everyday is Thanksgiving
to him huh?

Ann and Moe