[Gpdd] Health: Birdseed

Mary Fran McCluskey faststats at faststatschecks.com
Wed Jul 5 17:32:05 EDT 2006

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardHello, Meant to write last week that we had discovered that the dePookers (California Cookie & Brownie) went WILD for the empty shells from our parakeet's feeder. It was so funny. Their little noses were covered with hulls, they just couldn't get enough! My husband was thrilled that he could recycle his birdy's unwanted leftovers this way. And we were wondering if anyone knew if the hulls were bad for them?

Unfortunately, some time Saturday morning Greenie was murdered by a neighborhood cat who broke into his cage. He had been a special friend to Cookie. They would sit often facing each other silently communing (Cookie can't wheek, and Greenie has been quiet himself since losing his mate Bluey last year). Since the weather has warmed up in San Rafael, Greenie's cage has been outside next to the piggies. Cookie must have seen and Brownie (who can't see) must have sensed the terrible scene. Only beautiful feathers remained.

We miss you Greenie and hope you have met Bluey again at the Rainbow Bridge.

--Mary Fran