[Gpdd] Health-piggy with lice

Folly Farm lfolly at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 5 04:58:38 EDT 2006

Help,

I see lice eggs (yuck) on the shafts of several hairs on one of my pig's heads.  I have six pigs and I'd like to treat them all.  I have a vet, but is there anything safe over the counter that I can apply to them that anyone has used successfully?  I'm reading on guinealynx about Imidacloprid (advantage) as one non prescription treatment.  Has anyone tried this? Also, what do you use that is safe to disinfect the cage with?

Thanks,

Lisa Stanley
& Brody, Keely, Shayla, Genevieve & Bronwyn