[Gpdd] Misc: Hospital Book Donation for Peter G.

Carla Martinez cmartinez36 at houston.rr.com
Sat Jul 8 00:35:29 EDT 2006

Yesterday three people emailed me to say they like the idea of Leah and
Judi's guinea pig book donation to the children's hospital from the members
of the gpdd in memory of Peter. So.adding on to that idea, if Alyssa agrees,
what about if we make a small package with a letter and include two creative
works from our group members..the book and the Carrot Wars movie. ??? Does
anyone else in the group make something else guinea pig related we could
send along? Like Jaime's piggie ornaments, and..what else have people
mentioned?

I'm imagining an entire guinea pig corner in their hospital library..or more
practically, speaking as an early childhood teacher, we could create an
activity bag with a variety of guinea-pig related items for children to
learn and explore. It could even include a brief biography of Peter Gurney
with photos, talking about his love for these animals and his time at the
hospital. I got an email the other day from Kritters in the Mailbox with the
most precious jigsaw puzzle of several piggies. Some things like that.I
don't want to get carried away from the original intent, to honor a true
friend to both children and guinea pigs, but maybe something could develop
out of this that we could send to them and make a big splash for Peter?

Carla, Snickers and Snowball