[Gpdd] condolence and ideas to honor Peter

Horsesaavy82 at aol.com Horsesaavy82 at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 08:33:05 EDT 2006

Hello everyone, first I wanted to send our condolences to Stan in the
passing of Nutmeg. I have been an on-again off-again member of the digest, and I
remember both Nutmeg and Cinnamon. I know they were both well-loved members of
the family, and while seven years is so short, for a piggie...I agree with
everyone, Stan...you took excellent care of her...

  I also had a few ideas to honor Peter Gurney, although I am not sure  if
they would work out, one is, some people are aware of the Saint Francois  (maybe
Francis?) and how he is the "guardian of animals" and you can even buy
little pet tags with his picture on it, but to me, Peter Gurney is the "guardian
of guinea pigs" I wonder if there is any way to honor him in the same  way..
 My other idea is, I collect Beanie Babies, and I know TY Warner (the  man
who owns the company and comes up with many ideas for new products) is an  avid
animal lover, maybe if we write to him, he could make a guinea pig beanie,
and name it Peter Gurney, and perhaps even donate a portion of the proceeds to
one of the two charities mentioned in his name...I also think it should be
easy  to purchase and not limited to one country so everyone can easily have one.
Just  some ideas...
 Have a good weekend everyone
Amy and the animals