[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY - beanie guinea pig

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 11 11:07:56 EDT 2006

Andrew-
  That's a great idea - Free Range Fred!  Of course, you realize, that
  doing it that way would leave the door open for a whole set of
  Peter Gurney Pigs!
  Susi & the OP's

Andrew <a1.mills at portset.net> wrote:
  Hello, it was suggested that a beanie guinea pig could be made and named after Peter. I've got another twist on this suggestion. I remember reading in one of Peter's books that Peter's first guinea pig, the one that introduced him to pigs, was called Free Range Fred. I don't know whether there are any pictures of Fred in any of Peter's books, but how about making a guinea pig called Free Range Fred, if possible making him look exactly like Peter's first pig. I'm no good at poetry, but the tag could have a poem about how Fred introduced Peter to guinea pigs and how he did so much for guinea pigs in his life. I don't know whether this would be possible, but it would be a memory both to Peter and to his first piggy and would remind people of all he did for guinea pigs throghout his life. Well, it's just another thought.

Susi Eastin
  The Okie Piggies of Cavy Lodge
  Green Country Cavy Club
  Tulsa Rabbit Breeders Assn