[Gpdd] PETER GURNEY - another idea

Andrew a1.mills at portset.net
Tue Jul 11 13:30:36 EDT 2006

Someone mentioned having a World Pet Day to comemmorate Peter.  Well, that got me thinking.  For the past few years, 4 April has been World Rat Day.  This is a day when rat owners celebrate their pets and try to promote them.  World Rat Day t-shirts, leaflets, etc. are produced and people are able to buy them and various events are organised to promote pet rats.  I always send an E-mail to everyone at work to try and encourage people to consider rats in a different light - unfortunately I haven't had much response yet.  I know this couldn't happen until next year, but how about making Peter's birthday World Guinea Pig Day?  Groups like the GPDD could promote it, along with other guinea pig websites and organisations.  It could be organised in a similar way to World Rat Day.  Just another idea to add to the fast growing list.