[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Suki Update

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 15 14:09:13 EDT 2006

Dear Emma

I am so sorry about Suki.  I know you feel bad right now, but you never
know, you may meet with another piggie, and the magic will begin all over
again.

Carole

----------
From: Emma White <emma10678 at dodo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 20:28:39 +1000
To: gpdd at gpdd.org
Subject: [Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Suki Update

Hi there everyone,
Sorry it has taken me so long to update you all on Suki's situation.
I have been feeling guilty and too sad to post. Suki went to the
Rainbow Bridge shortly after I last posted about her progress, the
Monday before last. I had booked a vet appointment for her the
afternoon, and she had still seemed so lively during her morning
spoon-feed of blended vegies and pellets. When I went to feed her
again a couple of hours later, she had crashed. She was limp and
lifeless, and having seizures. I called the vet and they said
although they had no appointments available that I could drop her off
and they could try putting her on a heat pad and injecting her with
fluids. The vet agreed that she was not long for this world and I
decided to let her die peacefully at home in my arms instead of being
poked and prodded in a foreign environment during her last moments on
this earth. It was a hard decision, but I feel it was the right one.
I just feel so guilty that I did not notice how skinny she was
earlier :( I am just kicking myself that I let my little friend down :
( It makes me so sad when I go to the supermarket and automatically
go to the parsley section, then realise that I don't need to but it
anymore :(((((
Suki passed away with her best buddy, big "brother" Ry the Bichon
Frise cuddled up to her.Ry and Suki have always had a special bond,
and Ry was Suki's hero. A couple of years ago, Ry and I were walking
in the park when Ry started barking and pulling me on his leash
toward the edge of the park where a large cat was playing with
something in the long grass. I tried to quiet Ry but he would not
give up and his barking scared the cat away, leaving something furry
in the grass. Ry pulled me over to have a look, and there was a tiny
fluffy baby guinea pig laying there in the grass! I scooped her up
and rushed her home, miraculously she wasn't hurt.  She was the
sweetest friendliest little thing, and every time I got her out of
her hutch for cuddles, Ry would greet her with a wagging tail and
they would give each other nose kisses.
When she was about to leave us, I had her bundled up in a towel and
was cuddling her and talking softly about all the piggy friends she
would meet and all the tasty treats she would eat at the Rainbow
Bridge. I had to get something from the kitchen, so I put her on the
armchair near the heater, and Ry jumped up next to her, sniffed her
gently, and curled up with her until she passed away.
As I was about to bury her, I let Ry give her a final sniff goodbye,
and when I held her out to him, he did his "yay! it's Suki!" tail
wag, and looked confused that she didn't return his nose kiss :(
It was a truly special inter-species bond that Ry and Suki shared,
and I feel lucky to have witnessed it. I even have a couple of nice
photos of them together on the couch. If you would like to see a pic
of them together, go to and http://www.dogster.com/?324634 and scroll
down, it is the bottom photo.
Thank you for listening,
Emma, sad and pigless in Australia.