[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT - New Piggie has a new name

Emma White emma10678 at dodo.com.au
Wed Jul 19 05:57:46 EDT 2006

I have named my new rescue girl (previously called Snowy) - she is
now known as Jellybean, or Bean for short.
Bean is just sooooo nervous. I have only had her one day, but she is
so jumpy. I am getting her out for cuddles several times a day, for
short amounts of time. I guess she has never been handled before,
because she nearly jumps out of her skin when you move or make
noises. She is okay if I speak softly to her. The whole time I hold
her, she seems to be trembling with fear. Ry is absolutely busting to
play with his new "sister" but luckily he know the "just watching"
command and sits to the side, whining softly :)
Any tips on how to help her relax and learn to enjoy my company? I
know a lot of you have had rescue piggies - is it possible to "tame"
them? I don't want Bean to live a life of terror.
Any suggestions would be welcome!
On the upside, I was so happy when I went to the supermarket tonight
and had to buy piggie vegetables again, like parsley, celery, carrots
and corn with the husks on! I know it's silly, but it made me sad not
to have to buy the usual bunches of parsley after Suki went to the
Bridge.
Thanks for any advice for petrified piggies,
Emma & Jellybean
emma10678 at dodo.com.au