[Gpdd] GPDD: Health: Sally's cries

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Wed Jul 19 14:30:13 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I do hope someone may be able to offer a suggestion for my Sally's
predicament.  She has been crying when she pees and poops. Unfortunately the
vets in this area do not know anything about piggies. The first one thought
she had tapeworms after examining her stool and prescribe medicine. They
also sent a sample to the lab, which said that she didn't but the vet told
me to complete the meds. I spoke further with other piggie people who said
that it would be highly unlikely for her to have tapeworms. Sally's actions
had me leaning towards a bladder stone, something all too many slaves are
familiar with. I then started her on Shilintong, thanks Leah, (which she
would only take with diluted carrot juice). As well dandelions, corn silks
and parsley as recommend by Peter Gurney are in her diet. I also syringe her
2 - 3 oz. of water per day.  I do believe this has helped some as now Sally
is not crying every time she goes to the bathroom but only about half the
time. I took her to another vet today for an xray to see if there was a
stone lodged somewhere and the film was clean. No stones, no tumours, just
some gas. Gas has always been a problem for my little baby and she gets
regular doses of Baby Oval (gas medicine in Canada). The vet also gave me 5
days of Metacam to see if this eases her discomfort. So my hope is that
someone out there may be able to offer a suggestion and treatment so that
she will not have discomfort while she does her business. If it's not a
stone what could it be?

My apologies for the length just wanted to give (I hope) the relevant
details.

Wishing all piggies and their slaves the best,

Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis