[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR (nervous new piggy)

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 21 10:12:45 EDT 2006

I got Oreo about 2 years ago from a rescue andshe was completely traumatized.  She ran away from me and cowered in a corner.  She wanted no part of any contact.  And she was a biter.  I had one of those animal playpen things and I would get in it with her and just sit and let her walk around me and get used to me.  After 2 years she is still not a cuddley piggie, but she will tolerate handling without biting and comes to see me when I come into the room.  I think it's because she knows I am bringing treats, but what the heck at least she comes to see me.  It will just take time but I think your new pig will become accostomed to you and will develop a relationship in time.  Good luck.
  Grace