[Gpdd] [RESCUE] URGENT

DL1Bossfan at aol.com DL1Bossfan at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 18:02:02 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone:
Many of you have already heard of the rescue situation in upstate South
Carolina that occurred on May 4th.  There were 93 animals removed from a  lady's
single wide trailer.  Over 60 were piggies.  The Spartanburg  Humane Society
took all of the animals in.  During this time, there has  been an outpour of
love and concern from wonderful people, many of  whom are digest subscribers.
Two fellow digesters opened their hearts and  homes to many of the piggies.
Others have donated money, food, and  hay.  I have never met most of you - but am
 proud to call you my  friends.  I am posting this evening with another
URGENT plea.  There  are still 20 plus piggies at the shelter.  I had a phone
conversation on  Friday with one of the employees there.  The following is the hard
 truth:  euthanasia has been discussed as space is needed.   Apparently the
shelter can not refuse to take a pet that is dropped off - that  is why the
shelters stay so full and the numbers don't decrease.  If any of  you know of
anyone in the Spartanburg ,SC area wanting a piggy, please contact  Lisa at the
SHS.  The number is (864) 583-4805 ext. #110.  Leave a  voice mail and she will
return your call.  Also anyone knowing of rescues  that may want piggies -
please pass the number along.  Please remember, the  SHS is doing what they can
for the piggies, and this post is not meant to  provoke an *attack* of words
or to down them in any way, shape, or form.  I  will also add that the SHS is
well aware of the *uglies* of the community that  might want the piggies for
reasons other than to provide loving homes for them,  so please only pass this
to people that you know have the well being of the  piggy in mind.  Time is of
the essence, and these piggies need loving,  caring homes and a chance for a
happy life.  Thank you again, and I  apologize for the length of this.
Donna - Tom, Huck, Big Jim, Becky, Thatcher, Aunt Polly - and in loving
memory of that special boy from SHS "Trooper"