[Gpdd] [Peter Gurney] Candles for Peter

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Mon Jul 24 18:14:11 EDT 2006

I lit three candles for Peter in north London (UK); I put each candle in a
lantern in the garden, one from my girl piggies, one from my boy piggies
and one from me.  The first candle I lit almost immediately blew out, and
I felt as though Peter was having a joke by blowing it out himself!  Then
all three were lit, and two burned from 8pm for several hours until the
candles finished.  I went in to the garden at half-past-midnight to
extinguish the last candle as I didn't want it to be a danger to wildlife
(sometimes there are foxes and hedgehogs in the garden).  It was good to
be a part of the community paying tribute to Peter Gurney around the
world.

Many thanks to Audrey for co-ordinating and reminding us all.

Best wishes

Kay