[Gpdd] Care:Lady Bug and drinking

Martha Coburn marthac at cogeco.ca
Wed Jul 26 14:31:13 EDT 2006

Hi Joan and Lady Bug,

I do hope Lady Bug takes to syringing water. All my girl think it is a great
treat even though it happens quite regularly. Sometimes they like to make a
game out of it and show how strong they are by tugging the syringe. I use a
10cc syringe for drinking. Anything smaller just seems to take way too many
plunger pushes. I just ask nice at the pharmacy and they give them to me for
free. One thing I do do to make it a bit easier is get a piece of clear
plastic plumbers tubing from the hardware store (it's about 25 cents per
foot) and stick about an inch long piece on the end. To make it a bit easier
to get on, I just run the tubing under hot water.  They may chew it a bit
but I just snip it off when it gets a bit tattered. As for the beverage, my
girls like plain water for the most part, but I also sometimes put a bit of
carrot juice in and they just go nuts. I don't use much (and could never get
through a bottle before it expired) so when I buy a bottle of carrot juice I
just freeze it in ice cube trays (about half full) and then throw the cubes
in a ziploc bag. I just pull a cube out and put it in about 3 oz of water
and the pig goes to town. The added bonus is that it makes the water nice a
cool for their summer drink.

So Lady Bug see if you like this idea and maybe mommy slave will give it a
go. Good luck.

All the best,

Martha, Sally, Poppy, Holly & Miss Otis