[Gpdd] [Care] flies in shavings?

Karen Brown shanclan2003 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 12:06:20 EDT 2006

I remember not long ago some postings about flies in wood shavings.  I'm having the same problem.  I buy the shavings from a reputable (as far as I know) place.  My guys are in chloroplast bins which I clean thoroughly, but the flies keep appearing in my sows' bin.  I've checked them for infestation.  They all look good; no scratching, rashes, etc.  I keep a fly trap in the room instead of spraying pesticide.

  Any suggestions?

Karen J. Brown
gentle hands & kinldy words petsitting
Cavy Rescue New England