[Gpdd] Behavior - Favorite Toys

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 13:41:03 EDT 2006

The subject of toys has come up before, many times, and often the
  simple ones are the most popular with our dear little guys. Like the
  classic - the cardboard tube, such as from a roll of toilet paper.
  We cut both ends in a fringed method, about 1/2 inch on one end,
  and nearly to the middle from the other end.  Usually the longer
  cuts we make wavy or zig-zag, then roll outward over a finger.
  The short 'fringe' is simply bent outward, giving a flat 'base' so
  it will stand up.  Sometimes we stuff some hay into it, and it
  becomes a 'tree'!  The piggies love these, and quickly munch
  them into something that more resembles a napkin ring.
  One of the O.P.'s likes them more than most - little Corky Pig,
  our dear little Teddy boy - believes these are created solely
  for him. If you try to take it away from him, he will get very insistent
  on taking it.  He will grab it by the top and run with it!  It's so funny
  to see him hold it up high enough to carry it, keeping it from
  any other pigs or slaves who may try to take it from him!
    Obviously a hit with at least one pig!

  (This is the little guy who was brought back from a show last winter,
  specifically for someone else, but when he started climbing right up
  to give me kisses, he had an instant home!)

  Susi & the Okie Piggies

  (Snowy says, "Yeah, yeah. Great little trees. Now fill 'em up with
  SOME FOOD and bring 'em here!")