[Gpdd] Misc:Travel

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 31 11:05:33 EDT 2006

LG, I would recommend you find someone you trust to keep your babies while you're gone.  It is a 6 mos quarantine each way.  That's a year before you could have them home again!  I've never heard of a rabies shot for guinea pigs and you can't take your animals in or out of the country without one, it may be a dead issue.  I flew to Germany in "89 from New Mexico and that was a miserable trip.  Was supposed to lay over in New York for 2 hours.  Turned out to be 6 and missed the connection in Paris.  If anything like that happened to you while flying I don't know that your piggies would do very well.  Ever try and get lettuce in an airport?  Hard as it may be for you, your babies will do better staying home.

  Joan, slave to the Lady Bug