[Gpdd] Health: The H2O issue and "big boys"

Anna Coppedge annac at loanstar.com
Mon Jul 31 12:49:15 EDT 2006

Howdy all,

Just thought I'd give my experience
on the water issue.
My two pigs are completely opposite.
Mozart drinks water all the time,
and I mean ALL the time.
You can hear him drinking at any time of day (or NIGHT!!!).
However, he is not partial to his fresh veggies
most of the time.

Tchaikovsky has a water dish,
due to his love of showers underneath water bottles
and the soaking of his cage.
I change his water twice a day,
yet sometimes I wonder if he has taken a drink all day
or only soaked his feet in it.
He is the veggie pig and he eats all of his.
He loves to eat and wheek for Mozart's leftovers.
Who knows...

On a side note:
I mentioned way back that Mozart
weighed in at a hefty 4.5lbs.
And he's an active pig.
>From the surprised reaction of
the daily digesters and the vet,
I wanted to make sure I was aware
and cautious of how much food/treats
that the pigs got. Since Chai was a baby,
I have been closely monitoring their food situation.
I think I just grow them big here is Texas,
because Chai is also growing to be "big" pig.
I call him Mister New Booty, because "he's got back"
He is going to the vet soon so we'll see how much he weighs.

Happy wishes to all ya'll out there
and loving wheeks to all who have recently passed,

Slave Anna, Mozart and Tchaikovsky the Terror