[Gpdd] Health:eye gunk

joan fagalde momcat1000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 6 15:38:06 EDT 2006

Hi Diana.  With the understanding that every piggie is different...the Lady Bug occasionally gets "stuff" in her right eye which, surprisingly, is not the eye she had the surgery on.  The eye "bugs" out very slightly and I had her doctor look at it.  We agreed that since surgery was so hard on guinea pigs and that it didn't seem to bother her, we just left it alone.  The "bugging" has receded somewhat over the years as has the gunk.  There probably is something behind the right eye but it's not lethal.  Believe me, I'm a real worrywart when it comes to the Bugster and will borrow money for vet bills so the fact that I've not done anything does not mean I don't care.  Maybe just call Lucy's vet and ask about it.  He's probably seen her enough that he can make a judgment.  Hope this helps.

  Joan, slave to the Lady Bug