[Gpdd] Health: Re: Cysts

Smileyjoevans at aol.com Smileyjoevans at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 17:04:33 EDT 2006

Health: Re: Cysts

My Dutch Guinea Pig, Lucy, was ill while I was away at  a wedding.  My
daughter cleaned her out and found there was blood  around her rear end.  She has
had this twice before and the vet gave  her antibiotics which seem to clear the
problem.  This time, however,  the vet wanted to take x-rays, which showed a
lump.  It turned out  they needed to open her up and, if she was too bad, they
said they may  have to put her down.  It turned out Lucy had a cyst on her
ovary and  they spayed her.  She is now recovering at home and appears to be
doing well.  She is happy to be back with her friend Bonnie, who is a  little bit
bossy at the moment.  Fingers crossed all will be  well. This all cost £200.
Does this seem a reasonable price for  the treatment?  I'm just happy Lucy is
still alive, she's only a year  old.

Jo, Lulu and Bon  x