[Gpdd] Health - Alex's issues

Cheryl Cline cherylcline at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 17:06:53 EDT 2006

Hello,

I just wanted to know if anyone had gone through something similar
with their piggie.  I've noticed for a while that Alex's left lower
nipple and surrounding area is far larger than his right, but it's
only over the last week that I ever noticed any discharge.  It is not
continuous, as I tested the area today and nothing came out.  He
didn't like to have the area touched, but then he is a sensitive
piggie and he was equally unhappy with having his other nipple tested,
or pretty much being touched anywhere in his tummy region!
Anyway, the discharge only oozes out once in a while when I am holding
him and he leaves a stain on my clothes, usually no more than a few
drops of blood.  Nonetheless it is very alarming!
I've decided to take him to the vet in Long Beach that the kind people
at OC Cavy Haven recommend.  If anyone has any other recommendations
for a good Los Angeles-area vet, though, please let me know.
Thanks so much,
Cheryl, slave to Alex & J.B.