[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <Megan's dry skin>

Lydia G Boland lydiagboland at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 20:50:17 EDT 2006

Hi everyone.  It has been a long time since I've read and posted on the
group.  I have been browsing through messages lately and I am going to
try to keep up since I love reading about everybody's pigs.  One of our
pigs, Megan, has dry skin and fur.  We got her and her sister Sunshine
through a rescue so I'm not positive about their breeds.  Sunshine is
an abyssinian with possibly something else but Megan is definitely a
mix of some kind.  Maybe some teddy in her?  When her fur is unbrushed
she looks like an alpaca.  Her fur has always been on the dry side and
kind of wiry and her skin is flaky.  It doesn't seem to bother her as
she doesn't scratch excessively (no more than the others and they are
fine) and she came up negative for mites.  Is there anything I can do
for her to make her skin and fur softer and healthier?  It looks better
when I shampoo and condition her but I'm not sure how often is healthy
for her.  I've taken a couple of photos of her and you can see them
here:
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/lydiagboland/album?.dir=/
5a86re2&.src=ph&.tok=ph1A2AFBjPjYlbdl .

Her fur in these pics was just combed so it looks less curly than
normal.  Would neem oil be good for her?  How do you use it on them?  I
read that it smells like patchoulie and if it does I need something
else as I can not stand that smell.  All advice appreciated!

Thanks!

Lydia