[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Dry Skin

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 13:17:57 EDT 2006

Lydia,
  I have had similar problems with my boy Oscar. He is a Teddy/Rex mix of some sort and he has always had kind of dry, flaky skin. He doesn't seem bothered by it, and I don't bathe him too often because I don't want to dry his skin out even worse. When I do bathe him, I use a colloidal oatmeal & aloe shampoo and an oatmeal creme rinse (both by Earth Bath--great stuff!). He has been seen by a vet and we were told that it's "just the way he is"; he doesn't have mites or any other skin diseases. If you've ruled out mites, lice or fungus, then your piggy probably just has plain old "dry skin". Hope this helps.

  Stacy and the Squee Squad