[Gpdd] [gpdd] MISC : Silly behavior

CaTT1998 at aol.com CaTT1998 at aol.com
Tue Jun 13 17:51:43 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to those with new piggy family members, and condolences to
those with a sick piggy or one that has crossed the bridge.  (Sorry for the
generic message - I usually try to e-mail individually but I have fallen
behind.)

I wanted to share something that my piggies do that always makes me smile -
hopefully it will make you smile too.  :)

My piggies are in a sort of family room area near the kitchen and dining
rooms, so they can oversee everything that goes on by their humans.   Whenever I
go to the grocery store, my pigs know that I would never dare come  back into
the house without some sort of produce.  So when they see me  carrying bags
in, they watch and wait as I set them on the counter, then start  unpacking.

When I get to the last bag, all 5 of the girls gradually line up on the  side
of the cage facing the kitchen (standing up on their hind legs with their
front paws on the bars) and start wheeking and/or biting the  cage (depending on
which girl it is).  This excites the boys so much  that they both stand up -
facing AWAY from the kitchen and towards the girl's  cage - and chew the bars
and making rumbling and wheeking noises.

I was wondering how they knew I was almost done with the groceries, and
would be washing / distributing samples of produce.  But then it dawned on  me -
they must be smarter than I am!  (Which of course all guinea pigs  already
know.)

Theresa and Abby, Shadow, Cupcake, Phoebe, Nigel, Mickey and  Jasper