[Gpdd] [RESCUE] Foster homes needed near Wichita, KS and/or OKC, Ok

Jessica Schmidt jess_schmidt at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 19:24:24 EDT 2006

Hello everyone,

  As many of you will remember I foster a guinea pig named Joey who has been very sick since his rescue in January. For those of you who have been wondering how Joey has been we went through a broken tooth problem that we're just getting over and he is starting to fall over more often than he was after getting a new antibiotic. = (
  We're still hoping Joey will get better and are exploring other medical options for him.

  I am e-mailing the GPDD to request foster home assistance for the rescue I volunteer with (and foster for). Tanelorn Cavy Rescue is located in Goddard, Kansas and is currently at capacity (filling it's only remaining spot earlier today with yet another sick piggie that was left at a local vet's office). I am requesting foster homes because there are SIX guinea pig's on Tanelorn's surrender waiting list. We would just like to get them into the rescue before their current owner(s) decide not to wait for the rescue to get more room.

  If you are in or around Wichita or Oklahoma City (where I am and would be willing to transport to) and you have room in your heart and home to foster a guinea pig, please contact me on the list or at jess_schmidt at yahoo.com. The piggies ready for foster homes are healthy, they just need a place to stay. = )

  If you're anxious and willing, you may also fill out a foster home application and send it on in!

  Thanks for your consideration and happy wheeks to all,

  Jessica