[Gpdd] MISC pet insurance

Itzmii2 at aol.com Itzmii2 at aol.com
Fri Jun 16 12:46:39 EDT 2006

i'm more a lurker (since '98) but i read all the digests and enjoy them very
much.  this is such a great group!  i learn so much from everyone.

i HAD pet insurance.  it cost me $84/year.  my gp at the time was 5 yrs old
when i found i could get insurance for him.  i was in florida at the time.  it
was not available in all states.  this was '02.

the website was www.my-petinsurance.com and the company is VPI.

i only had the insurance for one year as the "light of my life" left me after
another 15 months.

in fact, i put in for a claim almost immediately..... they turned me down as
the insurance did not take immediate efffect but 30 days later.  i was turned
down.  my insurance took effect the very next day.  such is life.

in any case, i did put in for 1 claim which i was reimbursed.  very nice.
however, in reading the "fine print", i did see the renewal years depended on
how many claims you put in the year before.  i remember saying....."aha!"  this
is how they get you.  when it came time to renew i did not.

i admit it was nice knowing i had insurance for him.  but i also had a pretty
healthy gp and i felt did not really need the insurance.

just please remember to check the fine print first.

here's hoping no one will ever need pet insurance.  sincere condolences to
those who have passed.  healing wheeks to all those who need it now.