[Gpdd] Rescue: Spartanburg, SC Pigs

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Mon Jun 19 11:01:33 EDT 2006

Hello Slaves!
I meant to send a more detailed update
yesterday, but I was so Exhausted and
lazy, I didn't do much at all. So, anyways,
Saturday was a very good day. I got to
meet Donna Landis (Slave to the Famous
Tom, Huck, Becky, Thatcher , Big Jim,
and Aunt Polly!!!). So, that was Awesome!

Well, there were about 35 or so piggies
left, but we're wondering now if 8 or 9 of
them are from somewhere else (?),
because they were down to 23 or so on
Friday. Hmmmmmmmmmm...     Well,
anyways, whee cleaned all of their cages,
refilled water bottles, gave them fresh
pellets, and gave them lots of hay. They
didn't have any hay in their cages when
we got there, so I think it had been a while
since they had some. Sweet Meadow Farms
sent a Huge box of hay & pellets, so that
was Wonderful!!! And the piggies Really
appreciated it (Yum Yum Yum!).

We sexed the piggies and discovered
that 2 boys & 2 girls were mixed together,
so we separated them. Also, there was
one cage where both water bottles were
empty, so they were very Happy to get
some fresh water. A couple of pigs had
signs of hair loss, so most (or all) of them
will need to get treated for mites. :-(
Also, Donna & I had to cut some of the
mats out of the fur of a few of the piggies.

Overall, we had a good experience. After
they were all cleaned up and refilled and
stuff, the piggies seemed so pleased.
And most of them were very surprisingly
Tame. Like I could pick up many of them
with just one hand. I tried to give them as
much love as possible, because I know
they are not being handled much, if at all
during the wheek.

Donna brought a huge bag of bedding,
pellets, hay, & cleaning supplies, and I
brought a huge bad of bedding & cleaning
supplies. Ya know, those Big bags of
bedding are so affordable; however, ya'll
should have seen us trying to handle them!
Donna is so Cute & Tiny and I'm just a
weak gal...we definitely could have used
a man's touch! :-)

A Slave from Spartanburg contacted me,
so wow, that would be Great if we had
someone closer that could maybe check
on them during the week. I don't think the
piggies are getting too much attention
during the week, unfortunately.

Be sure to Hug your babies tonight. After
I got home and got cleaned up, I held my
piggies and kissed and loved all over
them. They really have no idea how good
they have it. Butterscotch used to know, but
I think Brownie Bear has warped his 'lil brain.
I told them about the Spartanburg pigs and
told them that they should be nicer to me,
but BB just rolled her eyes, and pointed me
in the direction of the kitchen. Go figure. :-)

          Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
               Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear
                                    & Butterscotch :-)